What's in a blog?
A blog is a great way to add fresh content to your website on a regular basis so that the search engines come back regularly. It also means there's plenty of content around your key words so you're more likely to be found more often in searches. These are a few dos and don'ts of blogging.
- Update it regularly - decide on frequency and stick to it
- Deliver good quality information - this can be educational or opinion and is aimed at getting your reader to want to read more
- Have a subscribe option so people can sign up to get future blogs
- Add a visual image to each blog - it makes it look more appealing
- Insult or put down other people
- Blog once or twice and then forget it
- Use your blog as a sales pitch
You can add audio (podcasts) and video clips to your blog if you're not a great writer, you can also write about a wide variety of subjects including:
- Topical events and the latest industry updates
- Your opinion on new rules, regulations or legislation in your industry
- Reviews of websites, articles, ebooks, videos or audio broadcasts you've found useful
- Testimonials you've received with a case study of what services you provided
- Information on a supplier you've used that you're happy with and how they helped you
- The launch of a new product or service
The list is endless - you should never be short of something to write about.