Is Your Website Up To Date?
The Internet is a forever changing environment and can easily leave users behind, but don’t worry we’re here to help!
You may not be ready for a complete redesign and build, however, there are a few easy things you can do to ensure your website is up to date and won’t be penalised.
1) Does the website have an SSL installed? Not only does it encrypt the information sent from the server to the browser making it harder for anyone to try and hack the website, the web browser will also identify if it doesn’t have one installed potentially discouraging users as it’s shown as an insecure website.
2) Does your site use Google Maps? Google have changed their Policy in an attempt to streamline their services, you now require your own account which is free.
4) Does your website have a Cookies Notification message visible when users visit?
5) Do you list all cookies used on the website? Displaying your Cookie information is still a requirement.
6) Do you have a reCAPTCHA on the contact form? If so does it work?
If you really want to make a difference to your website ensuring it’s responsive is the way to go. The trend has shifted and people are now browsing websites more and more on their mobile devices and therefore it needs to display correctly on a small screen, additionally Google will penalise your rankings for not having a responsive site.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 01279 812229 to discuss any of the points above and we can arrange to come and see to help you plan the next steps.