Twix Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Here is a yummy 'Twix Caramel Popcorn Recipe' I found on www.yummly.com that I thought I'd share with you on this fine Popcorn Wednesday!
5 quarts/10 pints of plain air popped popcorn
1 cup butter
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
20 "fun size" Twix chocolate bars, chopped
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted-to drizzle over popcorn
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees f and pour the popcorn into a large bowl and then put the bowl to one side.
- Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan over a medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil, stirring continuously. Then for 4 minutes bring the ingredients again to the boil, but this time without stirring.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and then mix in the baking soda and the vanilla extract. (Keep stirring until it looks like caramel)
- Pour a thin layer of caramel over the top of the popcorn- don't forget the corners!
- Put the caramel popcorn on two large shallow baking trays and put them in the oven, remembering to stir every 15 minutes over an hour's interval.
- Remove the trays from the oven and leave the popcorn to cool entirely.
- Now is the fun part! (Well actually it's all fun but the chocolatey part!) Chop up the Twix chocolate bars into pieces, break the popcorn into pieces and then mix the Twix into the popcorn so that they form chocolatey popcorn clusters.
- Melt the chocolate chips, so the chocolate is a runny consistency, and then drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the popcorn.
- Leave the chocolate to harden on the popcorn for about half an hour, or as long as it needs, and then store the 'Twix Caramel Popcorn' , in an airtight container, at room temperature.
Now sit back relax and enjoy the movie!
Over and out, Steph
P.S Thank you to 'Tea Peas' for sharing the recipe on their blog. To see their recipe in its full glory, along with enticing photographs please click here!
P.P.S Fancy seeing a fun Pink Popcorn Experiment?Click here for more! :)